CatDV is designed for stand-alone and networked operation. CatDV Servers allow for networked operation and use a powerful client-server architecture and central shared database, allowing media catalogs to be searched and updated by multiple users concurrently.
There are three types of CatDV Server:
CatDV Pegasus Server
The CatDV Pegasus Server is CatDV’s top of the line server, suitable for the very largest enterprise deployments, with demanding requirements. Pegasus Server includes:
How it works
- Accelerated search engine with lightning fast text search, and auto-suggest.
- Full audit capability, tracking every change to the CatDV database.
- A reporting and analytics engine with sample system and content usage reports.
- Flexible access control rules for custom user permissions.
- Ability to use Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases, in addition to MySQL.
- Support for encrypted databases.
- Group-based administration – non-system admin users can configure their group.
- Core AI integration with leading AI vendors, AI analysis aggregators and on premise partners. Find out more.
CatDV Enterprise Server
If you work in a large department or production facility, CatDV Enterprise Server gives you all the benefits of CatDV Professional Edition and the Essential Server but with the option of applying controls so that users only see and work with files relevant to their current project, along with other tools to simplify sharing data within the team
How it works
- Authentication and logging
- Configurable access control, with a flexible users, groups and permissions model
- Server-based handling of preference settings to ensure that everyone working on a production has the same settings such as pick list values or preview settings Shared group documents, such as a To Do list or production ‘blog’
- Shared clip lists and smart folders
- Tape library management
- Extra tools to simplify browsing clips on the server.
- Available for most common server platforms including Linux, Windows and Mac OS X
CatDV Essential is our entry level server product, and is ideal for small teams with up to 8 users.
How it works
- Secured for up to 8 named users
- Custom metadata / user fields
- Automated storage indexing across multiple Volumes
- Web upload
- Final Cut Pro X workflow extension
- CatDV Adobe Panel (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Simple, one machine, Mac deployment
- Simple configuration
- Archive plugins available
- Automated migration options
- Capture metadata from file and folder names
Find out more here.