Pegasus is the premium CatDV client, building on the foundation of CatDV Enterprise. Pegasus can co-exist with CatDV Enterprise clients and is available as a stand-alone product. The product is downloadable today.
Pegasus has a number of capabilities over and above the other CatDV desktop clients :
Pegasus custom actions combine the capabilities offered by CatDV Pro and the CatDV Worker Node.
Custom actions can be used at all stages of your workflow, for example to transcode clips to a particular pre-set movie format, to quickly log clips by setting metadata fields from a stored template, to upload files to a site such as Vimeo or YouTube, or to integrate with other third party tools or programs.
To perform a custom action on a clip (or list of clips) you can either drag the selected clips onto the relevant shortcut in the tree or use the command from the Tools menu.
- Transcode the clips to a particular format that you have configured, for example an H.264 web proxy with a burnt in watermark
- Upload the transcoded file to an external web site or service such as YouTube
- Automatically display a prompt asking the user for fields such as a description of the asset or an ftp password
- Set clip fields, for example updating the status to say a file has been archived, or to store the YouTube asset id on completion of an upload
- Save or publish changes to the current catalogue
- Export the selected clip(s) as a still image, as XML, or using any of CatDV’s other export formats
- Move, rename, copy or delete files
- Display a message and prompt for confirmation before continuing
You can perform conditional actions, such as only perform a transcode if the proxy file doesn’t exist, or check whether a file can be opened by QuickTime or FFmpeg before deciding which exporter to use.
Native file playback
CatDV Pegasus includes native playback of a wider range of media types. This provides native playback without transcoding of many common media files, including QuickTime, MPEG2, H.264, AVCHD, DPX, XDCAM EX, XAVC, R3D, WMV, and many others covering a wide set of prosumer and DSLR cameras*.
Built in archiving
Our CatDV personal archiving plug in is also built into CatDV Pegasus allowing you to conduct desktop archiving (to storage that presents itself as a mounted drive) without support of the Worker Node.
The enables Pegasus users to Archive, Purge, Restore and check the archive state of files.
Roundtrip Avid integration
CatDV Pegasus provides a complete Avid workflow solution within CatDV. Sequences, Master Clips and Sub-Clips can be exported to Avid Media Composer from CatDV. The CatDV AAF Tool supports import of Avid created sequences, Master Clips and Sub-Clips. Supported media is relinked within Avid media Composer.
This means CatDV can collaborate with Avid as never before, providing a full round trip of media and supported metadata. Logging clips and sequences can be performed outside of the Avid edit suite saving valuable time and resources. Shot lists with added meta data can then be prepared off site and then sent to the Avid NLE for editing.
Media can be ingested and transcoded using the CatDV Worker and then Pegasus can send the clips to Avid .
Master clips, sub-clips and sequences created in Avid Media Composer can be exported to CatDV. Supported media and metadata is imported to CatDV, the Avid MXF media is relinked and metadata available to all CatDV users.
Clips and sequences can be simply dragged into Avid by selecting the AAF Tool icon and dropping onto any open Avid bin.
* For media playback 3rd party codecs may be required.