Product Versions and Options
CatDV is designed for stand-alone and networked operation. It is highly scalable so it meets the needs of everyone from individuals through to studios and large production houses.
Asset management and logging
- CatDV Standard: single user, stand-alone logging and cataloguing.
- CatDV Pro: integration with editing systems. more sophisticated import / export and more sophisticated search.
- CatDV Workgroup: up to 5 CatDV clients can work together.
- CatDV Enterprise: for larger deployments with more sophisticated server functions.
- CatDV Pegasus: our premium client including Media Composer integration
- CatDV Browse Client: providing rich, read-only access to networked deployments.
- CatDV Rich Web Client: for rapid or Internet based deployments.
- CatDV Simple Web Client: for browse only access.
The CatDV clients above run on both Windows and macs. A complete list of features is described in the product matrix.
- the CatDV Worker: is a sophisticated but easy to use automation engine. It is often used for automatic media ingest into CatDV and can trigger workflow actions outside of CatDV (for example with external transcoders and archiving systems).
There are also a number of options to support specific workflows:
- archiving: adding support for a constantly growing range of long term storage solutions
- MXF: supporting meta data exchange from P2, XDCAM and AVID formats. (note that appropriate codecs for playback are also required)