Transferring data internationally
We do not transfer personal data about EU residents to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Collection, Use, and Sharing or Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect business contact information (including names, job titles, company affiliation, physical mailing address, email address, and phone numbers) from individual representatives of our corporate customers, and other business partners in order to provide sales, services and technical support, and in connection with our marketing activities.
We collect personal information on existing and prospective employees and consultants engaged on a contract basis. All information is provided direct from the individual or from a recruitment firm or company they engaged with. Only information relevant to the recruitment process and/or the forming of a contract is collected by Square Box Systems. Information is retained for the duration of its purpose. We may engage a third party to complete security screening for individuals working directly with customer data, or who have access to customer systems. This may require more detailed and sensitive personal information which will be handled directly by the third party, and Square Box will not have access to it. We review and assess such third parties to ensure personal information is handled securely.
We also collect information on browsing activity while visiting our website. This includes the pages visited, the domains visitors came from, browser type, and IP address. Most of this information is collected via cookies or other analysis technologies, such as Google Analytics. We may use the cookies to identify your computer. For more information on the kind of information Google Analytics provides us and how to safeguard your privacy when Google Analytics are used, read here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
Square Box System requires the collection and use of your information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with a better service. More specifically, we collect and use your information to:
- Manage our relationship with our customers, and other business partners, including in connection with the existing or future use or provision of products, services and support;
- Process job applications, complete hiring processes, and administer employee benefits programs;
- Communicate with website visitors;
- Communicate about our products, services or support, including with marketing communications, contests and surveys;
- Improve and develop products, services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities;
- Measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads, and our sites;
- Assess and improve the performance and operation of our sites and personalise our sites;
- Protect as necessary against security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- Share with our suppliers, service providers and other business partners where necessary;
- Maintain internal records;
- Process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- Comply with applicable laws, as required.
These uses of your personal information are based on one of the following legal bases, as applicable:
- the need to process your personal information for contract performance or to take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- Square Box System’s legal obligations;
- Square Box System’s legitimate business interests, including operating our business properly, marketing and improving our services, protecting against fraud and other liabilities, ensuring compliance and our ability to assert legal defenses, maintaining the security of our networks and systems, and protecting our assets; and
- in some specific circumstances, your consent.
We do not and will not sell or rent personal information, including the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. We do not share personal information with non-affiliated companies except that we may disclose such information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose such as the following:
- To our agents, suppliers and/or service providers who need to access such information to carry out work on our behalf, including in connection with our services, support or products.
- To our agents and/or services providers in connection with your application for a position with us.
- During negotiations or as the result of any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- In situations involving violations of our terms and conditions posted on our sites, potential risks to the physical safety of any person, where we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or illegal activities, or as otherwise required by law.
- In response to a request for information when disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or process, including in response to requests by public authorities responsible for public safety, law enforcement, and national security.
- To our current and future affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- For other purposes disclosed at the time of collection, when we have the individual’s permission, when the individual requests that we share this information, or when required by law.
We may share aggregate or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
We will retain a record of all sales enquiries, order histories, service documents, technical support tickets, and other information which may include personal information, as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law, unless deletion is requested by an individual, in which case the record will be anonymised. This will be for internal reporting, ongoing support of existing customers, or a historical record for old customers to allow review of previous support enquiries or renewal of support contracts in the future.
We are committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, we have in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Of course, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet. E-mails you send us are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted to us. If your communication is sensitive or includes highly confidential information, you may want to provide it via a different method.
Cookies, Pixels, and Other Online Tracking Methods
In the process of browsing our sites, some information is collected automatically and may include your internet address and the number and frequency of visits to the sites. This generic information does not identify the visitor, but is used to help us improve the services offered through our sites.
To learn more about cookies and other automatic data collection tools, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Some emails that we send you, such as personal correspondence or emails with invoices attached, do not use tracking mechanisms. However, other emails we send might include tracking mechanisms so that we can identify how much traffic those emails send to our site as well as whether an individual user has opened and clicked on the email. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, please unsubscribe from Square Box Systems newsletters and marketing correspondence.
Your Choices and Rights
You can choose to no longer receive email communications from Square Box Systems or update your communication preferences with us by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing email communications, except that we may continue to communicate with you in order to provide services or products you have requested. Providing us with your personal information is optional, but it will impact the service that we can provide to you.
You may also choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by looking for checkboxes to indicate whether or not you want the information to be used by Square Box Systems or our third-party affiliates for direct marketing purposes when you complete forms on our website.
You have the right to request access to, correction of, restriction of, and deletion of your personal information, subject to certain limitations. You also have the right to request that we transmit to you or to another controller your personal information that you have provided to us for a contract or with your consent. You can also object to our processing of your personal information in certain cases.
You can exercise any of these rights free of charge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, however, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive in particular because of its repetitive character. When examining your claim, we will ask that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself (including verifying the identifying information we have) before granting your request. In some cases, we may refuse to act or impose limitations on your rights, for instance if your request is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of Square Box Systems and others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, interfere with pending or future litigation, or infringe applicable law, or if we cannot sufficiently verify your identity. In all cases, you have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights.
You may also contact us through either of those methods to request details of the personal information we hold about you or to request corrections, updates, or deletions to your information.
The material on our site is given for information only and does not constitute technical or legal advice. You must take all precautions appropriate to ensure your own Internet safety.
Web Site Terms
The term ‘Square Box’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Square Box System Ltd, the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website without notice to You. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for You to have access to the Website. You are also fully responsible for ensuring that any person who has access to the Website through Your internet connection is aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
- We may at Our sole discretion restrict access to some parts of the Website or Our entire site to limited groups of users such as users who have registered with Us.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Your use of the Website and its contents does not grant You any rights to Our intellectual property or the intellectual property of third parties in the Website and its contents.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Any ideas, suggestions, comments, reviews, concepts, know-how, information, techniques, text, photos, graphics or other content (“Materials”) that You submit or upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.