CatDV Server 9.0 Release Notes
Thank you for downloading CatDV Server 9.0. This is designed for use with a CatDV Enterprise or Pegasus Server license, as well as
CatDV Pro 13.0 or later client licenses. See below for details of licensing requirements.
CatDV Server is copyright Square Box Systems Ltd.
This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation
IMPORTANT: You may install and use this software only in accordance with the
terms of the enclosed software license agreement.
As well as these release notes there are four PDF user manuals enclosed:
- Server Manual.pdf - covers general operation of the CatDV Server and Control Panel
- Web Client.pdf - describes the CatDV Web Client, CatDV Advanced Web Client and CatDV Administration interfaces.
- CatDV REST API.pdf - describes the CatDV REST API that allows third party components to accesses CatDV Server Services.
- Using CatDV with CatDV Server.pdf - describes features on CatDV Pro and Pegasus client application when used in conjunction with CatDV Server.
CatDV Server 9.0 introduces the CatDV Web 3 Client, which is a responsive web interface suitable for use on mobile and other touch devices.
It also includes a number of enhancements to improve support for containerisation and cloud deployment.
On MacOS the old .mpkg installer has been replaced by a simple drag and drop installer, where the CatDV Server Control Panel itself installs or updates the service as required (similar to how the Worker Node and CatDV Essential work).
Upgrade to MySQL 5.7
Server 9.0 requires MySQL 5.7 and the process to upgrade to this if you are currently on MySQL 5.6 or earlier isn't straightforward (especially if you are on Mac OS). In brief, the steps you need to follow are:
- Shut down the CatDV Server and back up your database(s) as they are not compatible with 5.7 and will need to be restored.
- Shut down the old MySQL server and archive then remove the old mysql files in /usr/local/mysql
- If you are on an older version of Mac OS (eg. Sierra 10.12) then go MySQL Archived Releases and download the latest version of 5.7 that is compatible with your operating system (eg. 5.7.23)
- When you run the MySQL 5.7 installer it will create and display a temporary root password. Make a note of this!
- Start up the MySQL server then log in with the temporary password and set a new password using:
mysql -u root -pTEMPORARY_PASSWORD
mysql> set password = password('NEW_PASSWORD') ;
- Restore your database(s) from your backup files
- Install CatDV Server 9.0 and launch the server control panel, which will prompt to update your database schema. Enter the new root password that you set when prompted.
If you are under maintenance we recommend you contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a guided upgrade.
Upgrading from Server 6
CatDV Server 7 introduced a new model for storing metadata, that replaced numbered user fields, stored in group-specific Field Sets, with a centrally
held set of Field Definitions that apply across all Production Groups. To retain compatibility with older versions of CatDV each Field Definition also
has a user field number (User 1, User 2 etc.), which is used when communicating with older versions of CatDV Desktop and CatDV Worker. These numbered user
fields appear to legacy clients as a special 'All Fields' field set - that cannot be renamed or deleted.
Because of this major change to the way CatDV stores data - upgrading from CatDV Server 6 requires that the old database be migrated into the new format - a
task that is performed by the CatDV Server Control Panel.
NOTE: You must ensure that all production groups use a named field set before upgrading to Server 7.1 or later.
The Server 7 installation will refuse to continue if these conditions are not met and a rollback to Server 6 will be required.
You can check this in the Production Groups list in the User Admin tab of the Server Admin Panel in CatDV 11.1.5 and later.
Check that each Production Group in the list (other than System) has a value in the Field Set column.
To use Server 9.0 or CatDV Web / REST interfaces you need a Workgroup, Enterprise or Pegasus Server license and be under a current software
maintenance agreement. To use standard web / REST interfaces you will also need a CatDV Web Client license.
To use custom CatDV web interfaces you need a CatDV Pegasus Server license. REST API access to CatDV configuration needs a
REST Administration API license.
To deploy server plugins and remove the "uncertified plugin" warning message you may need a separate developer licenses, contact us for details.
- Windows 8 or Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer.
- Minimum of 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended)
Double click the CatDVServer9.0xx.exe installer and follow the on-screen instructions. The Server Control Panel will launch on completion of installation and you can enter your license code, select the database engine, and configure the web interface. You can also access the Control Panel at any time via the Start menu.
Mac OS X Installation
- Intel Macintosh, running Mac OS X 10.10 or later (including 10.15 Catalina)
- Minimum of 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended)
Open the CatDVServer9.0xx.dmg file then drag the "CatDV Server" folder onto the link to the "Applications" folder.
Then navigate to the CatDV Server folder in the Application folder and run the CatDV Server.app which will display the Setup Wizard, where
you can enter your license code, select the database engine, and configure the web interface.
The CatDV Server should run under most versions of Linux and Unix, though because of the large number of variants support is not officially guaranteed
and you may need to edit some scripts or configuration files by hand. After unpacking the CatDVServerXXX.zip file you will see a READ ME FIRST.txt file
and a basic install.sh installation script. Follow the instructions provided. By default the CatDV Server is installed in /usr/local/catdvServer.
Choice of database engine
By default, for new installations CatDV Server uses the built-in Java H2 database. This is not recommended other than for basic proof of concept testing however. Using the Setup Wizard in the Control Panel you can select any of the following database engines to better fit in with your existing infrastructure (for example, if you have a corporate Oracle or SQL Server license). When you select your desired database engine the setup wizard will offer to create a blank CatDV database if one does not already exist. If necessary, you can use the Migrate Database command in the Tools menu to import data from another existing database into the current database.
- CatDV Built-in Database (H2)
- MySQL 5.7
- Microsoft SQL Server
- 9.0.0 (16th April 2020)
- Introduces Web 3:
- Modern interface based on Material Design.
- Responsive: dynamically adapts to desktop, tablets and mobile screen sizes.
- Hover-over scrubbing of clips in the clip grid view.
- Hover-over marker info on player timeline.
- User-settable avatar image.
- Player Enhancements:
- Select from multiple, named audio tracks.
- Select from multiple subtitle tracks, either served from WebVTT files, or generated on the fly from event markers.
- Add freehand annotations to markers.
- Improved timecode accuracy for drop-frame footage.
- Cloud Support
- Manage Remote Cloud Volumes from web admin UI.
- Play proxies directly from Amazon S3 or BlackBlaze buckets.
- Direct download of hires media from Amazon S3 or BlackBlaze buckets in web client.
- RMI Over HTTP to support worker and desktop connectivity in the cloud.
- Docker container support.
- Catalog, Clip List and Marker editing forms support custom panel definitions.
- New 'Coloured Label' field provide simple color-coding of metadata fields.
- New 'Clip Updated Flag' field provides efficient support for workflows that operate on new/modified clips.
- Make 'rating' a field type - rather than just a built in field - so can have multiple different ratings.
- New install process supports Mac OS Catalina.
- Monitor and control multiple Pegasus Workers from web admin UI.
- Server to Server media and metadata transfer support.
- Localised web interface. Supports:
- Media Store enhancements to support audio/subtitle tracks:
- File suffixes in addition to extensions (e.g. "_en.vtt" for English Subtitles).
- Number ranges (e.g. "track[1-8].wav" to match numbered track files.
- Substitute track number into track name using $#.
- Support for non-modal server plugin dialogs.
- Support for AJP-13 secrets.
- Support for Apache Derby.
- Numerous other fixes and updates.
- 8.0.6 (30th January 2020)
- Add initial support for Mac OS Catalina.
- Numerous security fixes - including more secure session handling and controls on enumerating user data.
- Add "Export View Data to Clipboard" commnd to Advanced Web Client and add "Enable Export View Data" feature to web workspace.
- Add new "Search Media Clips Only" option that searches normal clips and metaclip members - but not metaclips. (This options returns the 'expected' results when querying archive status.)
- Fix Date/Time searches, which could, in certain situations, return incorrect results.
- Fix inconsistent behaviour of Edit/Save/Cancel buttons in Advanced Client when using "Edit Mode".
- Fix issue with permission checking in shared link management function.
- Fix extensible picklist support in aliased fields.
- Fix issue saving column widths.
- Fix issue searching Sfor 'Underlying Type" via REST API.
- Fix issue evaluating client is "Any Web" in visibility rules.
- Fix issue that could generate SQL errors on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Fix issue sorting by duration/duration2.
- Fix a number of issues relating to ACLs in Pegasus Server.
- Fix issues migrating complex view definitions from Server 6.
- Fix performance issue fetching filters from server.
- Fix performance issue where Advanced Search form could generate unnecesary API calls.
- Fix performance issue when polling database for table stats on MySQL.
- Other minor fixes.
- 8.0.5 (26th November 2019)
- Performance enhancements to core query builder.
- Move some logging functions to a background thread to improve API response times.
- Improve performance of key schema update functions.
- Add Workspace option to download basket as a single ZIP file.
- Add 'Archiware' media store path target to support new Square Box Archiware plugin.
- For Aspera proxy downloads always download original media for non-media assets.
- Fix issue editing custom user fields in users admin page.
- Fix permission issue deleting catalog when using ACLs.
- Fix issue importing a very large number of metaclips in one batch.
- Fix issue searching for metaclip members.
- Fix issue searching by underlying type.
- Fix issues with creating/viewing shared links in advanced client.
- Fix issues with catalog searches in MS SQL Server.
- Change name (and type) of Mac launcher to 'catdvServer'
- Security fixes
- Numerous other minor fixes
- 8.0.4 (14th October 2019)
- Add ability to add range markers in Live Logger.
- Add support for formatted JSON fields in views.
- Add ability to duplicate a Smart Folder by entering a new name in edit screen.
- Redsigned SAML login screen to reduce confusion for SAML users.
- Add SAML auto-login feature so SAML users taken directly to SAML iDP.
- Add support for multi-clip editing in UI Scripts.
- Add support for UI Script in Live Logger.
- Add a default sort order (by name) for groups returned by REST API.
- Add workspace option to set size of LiveLogger's step forward/step back shortcut.
- Improve handling of offline clips in download function.
- Various changes/fixes to support CatDV Essential
- Improve handling of inconsistent view definitions.
- Fix issue evaluating 'not' visibility rules for client type (i.e. WEB or WEB.STD etc.)
- Fix a number of issues in Server Plugin Argument Forms (related to handling multi-select in datatables/hierarchies).
- Fix issue where metaclip members were being displayed in main catalog clip views.
- Fix issue in validation where mandatory field checks prevent it doing other checks (e.g. regex fields).
- Fix issue exporting proxy media in Final Cut XML for metaclips (used by Premiere Panel).
- Fix issue with downloading complex media proxies in custom pages.
- Fix issue where dragging item out of list of clips (e.g. into a clip list) refreshes the list (so you lose your place).
- Fix inconsistent behaviour of ctrl-click/cmd-click in multi-select lists.
- Fix issue with broken icons on view Shared Clip Page.
- Fix intermittent error with 'Share Clip List Internal'.
- Fix issue saving settings to server when logged in as admin user.
- Fix MySQL start/stop button in macOS control panel
- 8.0.3 (4th September 2019)
- Numerous security fixes.
- Send a notification when media stores are edited.
- Write log files as server-xxx rather than other-xxx.
- Add support for 'ratings' as a user field type in desktop client
- Detect and attempt to reconnect when database connection closed by server.
- Exclude System Group from target groups picklist in new catalog, smart folder and clip list dialogs.
- Add support for non-editable 'worker' user for CatDV Essential.
- Add facility to specify a second LDAP server via advanced properties.
- Various RMI API enhancements to support CatDV Essential.
- Make list of groups from SAML Assertion available in 'saml.groups' field.
- Protect against null values in picklists (typically being set from UI script).
- Change handling of 'built in' panels - so they can be included along with other panels defined on the server.
- Fix issue logging in using old API if the password is blank
- Fix for notifications in multi-homed environment
- Fix issue handling deadlock during updates to the text index.
- Fix NPEs in logging
- Fix catalog searches where catalog has no clips
- Fix issue where selecting theme disabled in workspace editor on Enterprise edition.
- Fix bug where LegacySettingsManager created new ViewSets with the incorrect type/object class.
- Fix issue where database conn
- Fix error during saving when value updated a null.
- Fix incorrect field reference when setting saml.groups.
- Fix NPE when RMI client passes in null catalog query.
- Fix NPE while indexing marker metadata published from RMI clients.
- Fix issue where panel set sections collapsed by default in Essential (and no way to expand)
- Fix issue where view set sections collapsed by default in Essential (and no way to expand)
- Fix broken visibility rule editing in Field Groups
- Fix custom fields not appearing in edit user dialog.
- Fix checkboxes in views showing checked for any non-blanck value.
- Fix bug where parameters not correctly encoded in thumbnail URL.
- Fix catalog clips not being displayed in set order
- Fix saving prefs from desktop tiggering permission issue with marker categories as non-sys-admin
- Fix issue with Production Group on search forms
- Fix start-up error when using SQL Server
- Fix slow loading of large shared clip lists
- 8.0.2 (24th June 2019)
- Add "auto-save" workspace option to web clients.
- Navigation tree updates immediately when catalogs, clip lists or smart folders and updated on the server.
- Add facility to share a link to clip list with another CatDV user.
- Require old password when changing own password.
- Don't show duplicated navigation tree node where catalog's path makes it the 'parent' or another catalog.
- Organise server commands in Tools menu by plugin with separators between each plugin's commands
- Append newly created subclip to clips view and make it the current selection in advanced web client.
- Add admin page to administer marker categories
- Add option to create new catalogs and move clips between catalogs to standard web client.
- Add onBeforeSave hook to global UI script to allow external validation
- Add support for editing Import Source Fields in details panels.
- Handle different download permissions for different clips in multi-clip download dialog.
- Support for forthcoming CatDV Essential features.
- Extend information auditlog stores for Clip Lists and Smart Folders (Pegasus only)
- Add support for SAML login from the Adobe Panel.
- Relax limits on filter items and values.
- Enable databse backup/restore on Linux.
- Update built-in datase to use latest H2 driver.
- Archive Tape to Archive Location to fit in with newer archive solutions such as S3
- Add support for HTTP Basic Authentication to make it easy to use things like Postman to exercise the API.
- Use normal CatDV Logging when running in a standalone Tomcat instance.
- Add support for 'Any' type to Marker Categories.
- Set database status to "warning" if MySQL config parameters not set or below minimum values.
- Fix "Add to Clip List Dialog" ignoring "can create shared clip lists" flag.
- Fix display issues in Audit Log monitor page.
- Fix issue with Create Clip List Dialog - allowed user to save Clip List with not name or group.
- Fix some formatting issues when displaying HTML/JSON fields on their own on a panel.
- Fix issue with 'edit mode' where save didn't put clip model back in non-editable mode - so subseqent call to setEditMode(true) was ignored.
- Fix broken marker panel when using built-in default panels
- Fix issue hiding the custom fields tab on user dialog.
- Fix issue creating sequences incorrectly handling "whole clip" and "use selection" options.
- Fix multiple issues with Field Group visibility
- Fix NPE in download permission checking.
- Fix SAML Login Button Text setting not being propagated to UI.
- Fix confirm download script hook function in basket page.
- Fix issue where server returns regular proxy path, not Premiere proxy path.
- Fixes for RMI notification issues.
- Fix various issues with built-in database.
- Fix intermittent database connection errors under heavy load.
- Fix not being able to add built-in date fields to search forms.
- Fix bug in updating unread count for person to person chat messages.
- Fix issue with database migration tool and newer MS SQL Server versions.
- 8.0.1 (1st May 2019)
- Update embedded Tomcat version to 7.0.94.
- Distributed Notifications - enable notifications in split server/web-server deployments.
- Fix compatibility issues with MariaDB.
- Add 'archive audit log' feature to save old auditlog entries to a set of text files.
- Add 'negated' option to ACL rules to allow rules to apply where condition does not match.
- Automatically load next page when user scrolls to bottom of page.
- Add specific Media Store Path Type for FCPX Extension to allow mixed Mac/PC deployments.
- Add support for extracting real name from SAML assertions and support mapping role names.
- Implement "Folder Name" built-in field in web.
- Improve handling of built-in fields with list values in query builder.
- Implement searching, sorting and filtering by aliased fields.
- Add support for editing import source metadata fields from the desktop client.
- Fix schema update issues.
- Fix incorrect visibility rules when group admin created new Field Group.
- Fix issue where incoming client connection during long-running housekeeping process could cause server to fail to start up.
- Fix issue downloading original media via shared link.
- Fix issue with Aspera Download when user had specified option 'Always ask for Download Folder'.
- Fix issues with FCPX Extension running against Workgroup Server.
- Fix display of notes field in read-only views (respect newlines and whitespace).
- Fix incorrect use of cached results in main clips results panel.
- Fix video player extending off screen when playing portrait videos.
- Fix various issues with drag-and-drop column resizing.
- Numerous other minor fixes.
8.0.0 (5th April 2019)
- System wide notification support.
- Supports MySQL 8
- Significant security enhancements including API hardening and new, more secure, password storage.
- Enhanced user on-boading via LDAP and SAML (imports real name, email address etc.)
7.4.3 (1st April 2019)
- Add ability to cancel in-progress Aspera transfers.
- Make timecode query 'equals' comparisons work to nearest frame
- Added notifications for services/jobs operations.
- Improve handling of missing poster image.
- When using 'edit mode' make cancel return current clip to preview mode.
- Provide picklist of groups/users in query builders.
- Show 'theme' as column in list of web workspaces and add button to copy a workspace.
- Fix excess loggin of clip playback for larger files.
- Fix issue sorting audit log via REST API.
- Fix security issue in implemetation of hidden clips.
- Fix issue where 'show hidden clips' workspace setting interfered with 'show recent clips' setting.
- Fix nested tabs and multi-select in tables in Server Plugin forms.
- Fix various Aspera download issues.
- Fix querying aliased fields.
- Fix issues evaluating ACL rules relating to multi-value fields and wildcards.
- Fix issues related to schema updates - particularly H2.
- Fix security issue relating to accessing settings via the REST API.
- Fix issue with SAML login where assertions contain list values
- Fix issue with cached full-text issue being invalidated by housekeeping
- Fix bug in SelectButtons where calling reload makes them read-only.
- Fix issue in panel/view field picker not showing media fields.
- Numerous other minor fixes.
7.4.2 (4th March 2019)
- Allow user to enter newlines into chat message entry box and make it auto-grow.
- Extend REST API to support copying complete clips - including thumbnails etc.
- Send notifications for login, logout and editing panels, view, settings and field definitions (including picklist values).
- Log details of catalog updates to AuditLog (when extended logging enabled).
- Correct for timezone offsets in built-in date fields.
- Limit the maximum number of AuditLog entries returned in a single result set (avoid OutOfMemory issues on very large logs).
- Add support for displaying notifications in the web client.
- Add rudamentary 'built-in fields' admin page (enables editing of Status picklist in web).
- Re-instate last selected item on initial load.
- Prompt to save current clip when opening live logger (and open in same browser tab).
- Use new update-in-place functionality to update clip list when clip is saved in advanced web client.
- Make media player more prominant on shared link view page.
- Don't show 'change password' link for non-local users (i.e. LDAP or SAML).
- Fix linked fields in multi-clip editing mode.
- Add simple notification monitoring to web admin Monitoring section.
- Fix performance issue performing case-sensitive searches against MySQL.
- Fix downloading of clips from shared clip list.
- Fix performance issues where long running worker queries could interfere with interactive sessions.
- Fix issue with connect timeouts in MariaDB.
- Fix regression in downloading partial subclip media.
- Fix error searching for catalog.comment.
- Fix flicker in LiveLogger.
- Fix display of markers in readonly panel.
- Fix view control dropdown menu going off screen.
- Fix searching for aliased fields.
- Fix regression in REST API extracting error message from server error response.
- Fix dragging clips/markers into chat conversation and also navigating to a marker in a chat conversation.
- Fix 'null' being appended to marker text if there is no description.
- Fix 'Authentication Required" error on shared link page if no panels defined.
- Fix broken collapsing panels at certain screen sizes.
- Fix view controls not persisting which view is selected for each view type.
- Fixes to LiveLogger.
- Fixes to Sequence Editor.
- Fix an issue with indexing clips
7.4.1 (10th January 2019)
- Add Admin UI support for defining custom objects (Pegaus Server only)
- Add Admin UI support for non-clip panels/views/forms (Pegaus Server only)
- Improved chat support (search, on-demand paging, linked chat channels)
- Table column widths can now be adjustment by dragging
- In advanced client clear current clip display when new result set loaded
- Improve visual feedback during page loading
- Numerous fixes and enhancements to multi-clip editing in web client
- Make contents of large dialogs scroll to avoid issue where buttons could be pushed off bottom of page
- Improve UI in multi-select picklist value picker
- Make Tree Navigator's search form's 'any field' set the 'current search term' (so results are highlighted)
- Use in-memory sorting to improve performance (avoid re-querying database)
- Add 'store leaf value' option to hierarchy fields
- Add workspace option to display post-file-upload message
- Aliased field definitions to allow multiple field definitions to write to a single back-end field
- Include more information about upload user available to Worker when processing uploaded files
- Improve Shared Link UI and make more configurable via workspace options
- Add echo-suppression support to client-side notification API
- Add "information" chat messages (at API level) that can have attached data
- Change display names of some built in fields to align with desktop client
- Simplify sending chat message from scripts (via REST API)
- Numerous enhancements to custom page support
- Add support for sending and recieving notifications to server plugin API support
- Add support for persisting plugin settings to server plugin API
- Make distributed caching functionality available to server plugins
- Add support for alternative free-text query alogrithms
- Change name of CatDV Server EXE to 'CatDVServer.exe'
- Fix issue downloading metaclip media from shared link page
- Fix wrapping style issue with tabs in advanced client
- Fix issue when logging in as non-admin user after admin user's session expires
- Fix issue indexing long words
- Fix issue in advanced uploader where adding new clips could affect metadata values on already selected clips
- Fix startup issue when streaming proxy path set to non-existant folder
- Fix issue with cached workspace settings
- Fix various style issues in Live Logger (including fixing cropping of marker panel)
- Fix 'Load More' link not being visible on wide lists
- Fix search forms not submitting on Enter
- Fix support for hiearchy fields in custom search forms
- Fix issue where read-only date-time fields could be edited
- Fix drop down list select value issue
- Fix various issues with responsive form styles
- Fix issue persisting splitter positions
- Fix issue where selection not highlighting in TreeView
- Fix issue where large drop-down lists don't fit in dialog (and auto-scroll container to show complete list)
- Numerous other minor fixes
7.4.0 (19th November 2018) 13080
- Final Cut Pro X integraton support
- New JSON field type with support for html display templates
- New built-in panels for metaclip contents and linked chat
- Custom search forms in navigation tree in advanced web client
- Add search and on-demand loading to chat
- Prev/Next buttons in web client clip details page
- Enhancements to custom page definition language (Pegasus Server only)
- Initial support for non-clip panels/views/forms (Pegaus Server only)
- Support for REST API V8 which uses a more consistent over-the-wire metadata representation
- Add complex query support and paging to REST API catalogs endpoint
7.3.5 (11th December 2018)
- Add 'play selection' option to web player
- Fix performance issue that cause long-running worker queries to block other server requests
- Fix issue in linked picklists where picklist values have whitespace surrounding separator
- Fix focus issue in auto-suggest combo box control
- Fix issue in advanced upload form where adding new items could affect metadata on items already in list
- Fix issue uploading to a specific folder using Aspera
- Fix error when viewing Audit Log in web admin UI
7.3.4 (12th November 2018)
- Fix critical security vulnerabilities in REST API
- Include additional logging/notifications for uploads / downloads
- Fix: form-level validation flag inconstiently applied
- Fix: issues with linked and calculated fields on custom forms
- Fix: missing thumbnails in list view
- Fix: Apsera upload pathing issues
- Fix: auditlog schema issue when running in clustered environment
- Fix: downloading proxy metclip media
- Numerous other minor fixes
7.3.3 (5th September 2018)
- Performance and other enhancements to full-text indexing/searching
- Download complex metaclips as ZIP file
- SAML enhancements - Default log-in role, "Single Sign Out", custom prompt message
- Add support for searching by custom marker fields
- Add Web Workspace options for Simple Search and Show/Hide Current group menu
- HTML Formatted calculated fields including embedded clip links
- Sort Clip Lists and Smart Folders alphabetically by default
- Generate additional notifications and logging information (and fix issues related to large updates)
- Various Media Silo integration enhancements/fixes
- Fix: critical blocking issue when mutiple queries running simultaneously
- Fix: path issues in exported FCP 7 XML
- Fix: cleaning up server session is client connection lost
- Fix: issues related to sharing clip lists
- Fix: visibility rules not respecting current group
- Fix: issue resolving proxy paths for files with long extensions
- Fix: linked field issues in sub-clip/upload forms
- Fix: multi-select-picklist not respecting read-only/hide if blank options
- Fix: error when creating new subclips
- Fix: error querying date fields
- Numerous other minor fixes
7.3.3b1 (28 August 2018)
Interim build, awaiting full release notes, including fixes for the web interface, performing queries, and notifications.
7.3.2 (21 June 2018)
- Fix issue with schema update process.
- Fix web date/time format preferences not persisting in Control Panel.
- Fix error in SAML authentication.
- Add 'custom' settings types to REST API.
7.3.1 (18 June 2018)
- Aspera Upload - put uploaded files in date-stamped subfolders
- Implement year/month/date drill-down in filters for user-defined date fields
- Fix issue exporting still images as FCP XML
- Sign installer and Control Panel executable on Windows
- Encrypt database credentials when persisting to preferences file
- Obscure database, Aspera and Media Silo passwords during input and display
- Add option for full-text search to match whole word only
- Send notifications when clips created, modified or deleted
- Fix issue updating source media when using ACLs
- Fix Workgroup Server startup and connection issues
- Additional validation when saving picklists
- Implement sorting on more columns
- Improvements to merge-field function
- Numerous other smaller fixes
- Implement per-group login messages
- Implement JPEG poster images (in proxy search path)
- Make navigator panel in advanced client collapsible/floatable
- Show server plugins in dashboard
- Allow Workgroup Server to access basic monitoring features
- Improved support for date and number fields in search forms
- Add custom error pages to hide internal stack-trace information
- Set multiple field options in single action in panel builder
- Enhancements to Hiearchical List fields to make keyboard-driven input easier
- Add 'R' key shortcut to create 'Range' marker and add player control tooltips.
- Fix Aspera support in Advanced Web Client
- Fix linked fields on marker, clip list and user forms
- Fix various styling issues in advanced client
- Fix various sort-related issues
7.3.0 (23 April 2018)
- Add support for exporting Final Cut X XML.
- Add support for shared links to sequences.
- Additional logging and error handling around field definition operations.
- Generate full-text search suggestions from indexed text table.
- Expose chat functionality to custom pages.
- Make date and date+time fields separate field types.
- Allow default sort order to be specified on views.
- Add Import Source Date (modification time of import source file) as an attribute that can be queried
- Add support for downloading multiple proxy types.
- Introduce Aspera Targets as separate concept, referenced using aspera:// urls in media store paths.
- Fix 'Populate from Server' for non-clip picklist fields.
- Reduce excessive logging due to COntrol Panel pings.
- Add option to query AuditLog by object type / id through REST API.
- Add 'send notification' function to REST API.
- Remove reliance on lagacy Crimson XML parser.
- Fix issue handling Adobe Anywhere paths in FCP7 exporter.
- Fix rare locking issue in save clip.
- Fix searching for Import Source fields.
- Fix issue with malformed Audit Log data.
- Various improvements to field validation feedback.
- Scale 'resizable' Server Command Argument Forms to size of window.
- Move playhead to marker location when search text refers to a marker.
- Improve display of markers with large amounts of text (transcripts).
- Add option to filter markers based on category.
- Implement linked fields in search forms.
- Implement hiearchical lists in search forms.
- Various fixes to Aspera upload/download including new 'Always use Aspera' option.
- Implement large posters in 'wide-spacing' views.
- Fix dragging folders into upload form (in supported browsers)
- Add ability to specify custom stylesheet in themes.
- Add new Web (Shared Links) target to allow shared link UI to be customized.
- Add 'rows' option to multi-line text fields.
- Up/Down arrows now naviate to clip at same position on next/prev row in grid views/
- Various fixes to custom theme stylesheets.
- Retain scroll position when editing large marker lists.
- Various improvements to multi-picklist control to improve keyboard-based use.
- Remember size and location of upload form.
- Fix bug in upload that caused each file in batch to go into a separate folder on server.
- Fix "slow scroll to row" bug when selecting a large number of clips.
- Fix issue with multi-select fields when editing multiple clips.
- Fix inconsistent handling of customised login screen for different clients.
- Numerous other minor fixes.
7.3b2 (6 March 2018)
- Fix an issue with the database creation script
- Fix import source fields not appearing in the web client
- New multi-select picklist control in web client
- New RMI API to support merging duplicate fields
7.3b1 (1st March 2018)
First public beta. Recent changes include:
- Custom Pages with Page Definition Language.
- Support for SAML authentication (with plugin).
- Clip List sharing and support for external shareing providers (e.g. Media Silo).
- Apsera support.
- Improved uploader supporting folder uploads and per-clip metadata.
- Multi-file download.
- Group-level admin and workspaces.
- Improved handling of date and number fields and field aliases..
7.2.5 (24th January 2018)
- Add advanced option to override search operator in search forms.
- Add 'expires never' option to Shared Links and other fixes to shared links.
- Fix incorrect formatting in HTML fields.
- Fix support for js: prefix in calculated fields.
- Numerous fixes relating to handling marker metadata.
- Fix exporting RED metaclips to FCP XML / Premiere.
- Numerous other minor fixes.
7.2.4 (16th November 2017)
- Fix deleting all markers on a clip bug.
- Fix duplicate values being saved to extensible picklists.
- Fix formatting of certain fields in HTML summary view
- Fix issue editing dates in Chrome.
- Fix issue with calculated fields that return non-string values.
7.2.3 (10th November 2017)
- Display date and time in user-defined date fields.
- Add option to auto-fill LDAP domain at login.
- Add catalog notes to catalog edit dialog.
- Make new Smart Folders private by default.
- Only initiate a simple search when user presses return.
- Fix simple search in advanced web client on Pegasus.
- Fix query builder to handle multi-value search terms.
- Fix FCP XML export to handle spanned RED clips and proxies.
- Fix issues calling server commands via REST API.
- Fix progress message display during list loading.
- Numerous other minor bug fixes.
7.2.2 (20th October 2017)
- Add 'Searchable' flag to Field Definitions to control which fields get indexed by the full-text indexer.
- Improve indexing of non-text strings in full-text indexer.
- Display date user fields with time.
- Fix filters not appearing after simple search.
- Fix return not triggering simple search in Pegasus Server.
- Recognise Pegasus Worker licences
- Fix handling of 'not' query terms when searching multi-select picklists.
- Fix issues with duplicate values in multi-select picklists.
- Fix issue in Server 6 schema migration.
- Fix error running queries when running under standalone Tomcat.
- Fix issue creating catalogs via REST API.
7.2.1 (13th September 2017)
- Fix crash on startup on some Windows systems.
- Enable overriding logo in advanced web client.
- Fix formatting issue in navigation tree.
7.2.0 (21st August 2017)
- Option to override location of logs.
- Fix issue searching for bank dates.
- Fix searching with 'contains all' on multi-value fields.
- Fix multi-value field housekeeping.
- Pegasus Server licence now enables MSSQL and Oracle support.
- Update bundled version of Java (on Mac)
7.2rc2 (4th August 2017)
Advanced Web Interface
- Fix issue editing ACLs.
- Add ability to enable/disable CORS functionality.
- Include custom user account fields in upload sidecars.
Standard Web Interface
- Implement dragging clips into clip lists.
- Add shared link function.
- Fix issue saving sequences.
- Fix issue adding subclip and metaclips to sequence.
- Fix grid column sorting styles.
- Fix issue moving subclips between catalogs.
- Automatically number new sublcips.
- Enable editing of markers via Event Markers field.
- Update UI Scipt interface to latest spec.
- Allow combo box items to be updated in argument forms.
- Add cache control to avoid caching issues on server udpates.
- Fix advanced query builder's handling of chackbox fields.
- Various other minor fixes.
7.2rc1 (12th July 2017)
- Various fixes for ACL-based permissions.
- Improve text indexing process and enabled re-indexing while system is live.
- Fixes to in-process REST API invocation.
- Fix handlng of blobs and non-printing character in data migration tool.
- Improved user feedback if web licence missing/expired
- Fix issue with REST media store endpoint
- Improve Pegasus Server configuration in Control Panel.
- Various fixes/enhancements to UI Script support
- Improved handling of custom marker fields
- Fix incorrect sequence start time for NDF footage.
- Improve accuracy of reported timecode in player and fix playre focus issue.
- Enable chat websockets over SSL
- Implement linked fields in upload and other forms.
- Enable editing catalog details (including custom catalog fields) in standard web client.
- Add support for catalog group and name fields in search forms and other minor fixes.
- Various fixes and improvements to admin screens.
- Add workspace option to filter out hidden clips
- Optimise initial page loading
- Various stylesheet fixes.
7.2b4 (30th May 2017)
- Expose custom catalog fields in details panels.
- Various fixes for ACL-based permissions.
- Add workspace options for live logger and metadata searching.
- Improve text indexing word detection.
- Multi-clip editing in advanced client.
- Implement shift-arrow selection in clip lists.
- Allow grouping fields in simple search forms to allow searches for e.g. Home Team OR Away Team etc.
- Add option to display related search fields in single row in search form
- Optimise nav-tree for large numbers of catalogs.
- Various style-sheet fixes
7.2b3 (9th May 2017)
- Fix tape, aspect ratio, event marker and clip list queries.
- Implement missing comparison operators.
- Implement sorting by rating.
- Clicking on Logo in web interface goes back to empty results set.
- Add sub-clip forms to request metadata at subclip creation point.
- Add option to allow new subclips to open in new tab
- Implement Import Source and Format Extension fields.
- Implement new Select Buttons field type.
- Implement Ctrl-A select All in list controls.
- Allow rating and date fields to simple search forms.
- Use "Yes/No/Don't Care" radio buttons for checkbox search.
- Fix ComboBox click select bug.
- Fix focus bug in multi-clip editing.
- Fix issue selecting items in subsequent pages.
- Add clip lists actions in advanced interface.
- Add support for search forms in advanced interface.
- Fix various style issues.
- Save state of all tree and list controls.
- Add online/offline status to Media Store paths
- Add filtering in Jobs screen
- Implement Move/Copy panels/views between panel/view sets
7.2b2 (20 April 2017)
Added support for CatDV Desktop HTML Plugins.
Web Interface improvements:
- Replace paging in lists with 'Load More' feature
- Fixed issue with shared links trying to play original media and add shared link config to control panel
- Remember sort order in clip list
- Improved handling of large picklists
- Support for EXT and EXTYP fields
- Support for Pegasus chat channels
7.2b1 (31 March 2017)
Public beta of Server 7.2 with many significant improvements, especially in the web interface.
New 'Advanced Web Interface', based on the same HTML5 technology as the Web 2 interface, replaces the old classic web interface.
Combines the single-page design of the classic web interface with newer features inherited from Web 2 interface - including:
- More complete support for customised views and panels as well as clip lists and search filters.
- New "Source/Record" sequence editor that sits within the main page giving access to clip list for content selction.
- Support for keyboard navigation of clips incuding support for JLK Jog/Shuttle to allow fast previewing of search result.
- Create, edit and delete catalogs and drag clips from one catalog to another.
New 'Live Logger' allows real-time logging of clips - including customisable shortcuts triggerable by both button and keyboard.
New chat client allowing messages to be sent either to shared channels or to specific users.
Notification Service allowing push notications of new chat message.
Includes the ability to attach one or more clips to a chat message enabling simple ad-hoc workflows.
Support for marker categories including displaying markers in the player timeline using colors defined by category.
Subclips created in web client inherit parent clip's user fields.
Downloading subclip media extracts relevant portion of original media file (only supported for MP4/H.264 files)
Ability to create private or shared clip lists.
Support for calculated fields.
Linked simple picklists.
Custom metadata on catalogs and markers.
Shared links can control recipients download options.
New session monitoring page in admin section.
More efficient storage and indexing of multi-select fields.
Workspace option to hide login page logo and hide 'change password' menu item.
Include media downloads in audit logs.
File upload correctly handles duplicate filenames.
Embedded web server now support AJP-13 protocol (for use with Apache front end web server).
Numerous other fixes and minor improvements.
7.1.4 (27 January 2017)
Add support for downloading extracted subclip media.
Add support for LDAPS.
Fix incorrect range marker category.
Fix database connection resource leak.
Fix server error when processing empty media store paths
Fix issue displaying and sorting by import date.
Fix bug in sorting by certain colums.
Fix various CatDV 12 compatibility issues.
7.1.3 (16 December 2016)
Fix issue where worker might report "Name should include colon followed by list of values" when encountering radio button fields.
Fix error when saving field definitions from CatDV 12 when using built-in database.
Fix server error in user-field date NEWER query.
Fix issue migrating server 6 settings containing non-ASCII characters.
Fix server error in classic web client
Accept space after comma in list of ids in isOneOf queries.
Fix 'not supported in workgroup server' error when fetching server commands - just return empty list.
Fix bug where misc field group was being created in create field definition even if another field group was specified.
Fix bug in MediaStorePath with paths that end in a separator failing to match.
Stop excessive reloading when deleting multiple field in web admin.
7.1.2 (1 November 2016)
Fix an issue with the web simple search page. Fix to migration script affecting All Fields field set.
7.1.1 (21 October 2016)
Add 'change password' feature for local logged in users.
Display Job Results in Job details view.
Fix editing view set description moves view set to end of list.
Shared links can share either proxy or original footage.
User can download asset from view shared link page.
Allow custom simple search forms using server plugin-API.
Add option to create new clip list when adding clip to a clip list.
Add 'Populate from Server' to Picklist editor.
Fix broken clip type icon in detail panels.
Add free-text filter to filter panel.
Fix display of single field on its own on details tab.
Fix marker controls not visible for sequences.
Warn user before leaving a clip details page with unsaved changes.
Implement mandatory fields in search forms and details panels.
Make linked hiearchy controls display just last part of value (like desktop client).
Fix display of formatted numerical fields (e.g. data rate) in views.
Improve layout and functionality in All Fields screen and field editor.
Improve performance of simple search forms.
Fix display issues with very long text in nav tree.
Fix deleting multiple view sets.
Fix inacccessible control in Media Path browsing panel
Fix editing of combined Rating/Type/GPS field
Implement Field Definition 'data' field (used to store checkbox/radio button names and calculated field expressions).
Fix issue creating catalogs in REST API.
Fix issue mapping paths for Premiere Panel in mixed platform environment.
Fix issue in path mapping when Media Store contains partially matching paths.
Make metadata fields read-only by default.
Wrap long marker names into description.
Fix issue re-running rebuild-index and fix performance issue clearing old indexes.
Fix performance issue with empty recyle bin on InnoDB.
Fix issue creating subclips from web interface.
Fix issue creating range markers in web interace.
Add support for new field types.
Plugin API enhancements - implement path mapping, extend event support to other controls, add disclosers to data table.
7.1.1b (14 Aug 2016)
Implement V3 of the server plugin API.
7.1.0 (11 July 2016)
Fix issue where very long running queries from desktop client could fail.
Minor fixes/enhancements to process of creating placeholder clips via REST API.
Minor UI improvements in web admin screens.
Fix an issue where installer might not launch control panel on OS X 10.9.5.
7.1rc1 (27 June 2016)
Server 7.1 release candidate.
Fix custom view column widths not being saved on server and extend sorting to more columns.
Fix filtering by multi-value fields.
Fix play button not visible on white poster image.
Fix full-screen button not available for non-editable clips.
Add support for multi-value fields in ACL rules.
Fix issue in Server Plug-in API when running user field queries.
Add facility to run server commands from view details page in Web 2.
Various Web Client fixes including log in issue when running against Pegasus Server.
Fix issue where user field values were imported as metadata fields when uploading media file.
Fix for REST API multi-value field update and other issues.
Facility to run LDAP queries in LDAP browser.
7.1b5 (23 May 2016)
Fixed a number of issues related to importing clips into Premiere via the Premiere Panel (complex media, and media with paths containing Unicode characters). Introduce simple dashboard view to display server and database statuses on server monitoring page. Fixes to Mac installer.
7.1b4 (18 May 2016)
Support for new new CatDV 12 field types.
Fix config created in the web interface not being shared with desktop client.
Fix a number of issues during data migration from previous server version.
Fix filtering by catalog in web interface.
Fix REST API XML metadata serialization.
Improvements to theme editing and other minor fixes in web interface.
7.1b3 (12 May 2016)
New mechanism for defining custom themes through the web administration interface, eliminating the need to re-apply custom themes are each update.
Removes dependency to system installed Java VM.
7.1b2 (5 Apr 2016)
Performance enhancements when loading/saving settings. Role-based visibility rules now correctly applied to desktop client.
Add 'advanced' mode to field admin to allow merging/demergine field definitions. Other minor web UI fixes/enhancements.
7.1b1 (29 Mar 2016)
New, simpler system for managing the mapping between numbered user fields and global field definitions.
All field definitions now have a single user field number, visible in the Web UI, used for all mapping to and from numbered user fields.
A new 'All Fields' field set, which contains a unified set of all the user fields, allows the fields to be viewed and edited in the desktop clients.
7.0.7 (14 Mar 2016)
Fix a number of issues related to editing panels and views that have server-side visibility rules using the desktop client, which could cause either duplicate views/panels to be created or the visibility rules to be overwritten.
Fix sorting in clip list. Fix problem with false-positive in deadlock detection which could cause server hangs.
Fix picklists on built-in fields.
Fix isse sending original media to Premiere using the Premiere Panel.
Web 2.1 - Add separate download button on clip details page.
Allow basket download to download proxy if original not available and include manifest in ZIP.
Make displaying the most recently updated clips on start up an option - can display a configurable message instead.
Make no results and loading messages larger and configurable.
Fix bug where certain timecodes were displayed with fractional frames.
Fix truncation of long text values in lists when column width manually overridden.
Fix issue with multi-checkbox and multi-hiearchy controls when handling values not in picklist.
Fix re-ordering in view/panels page.
Add 'remember me' option to log in screen.
Other minor fixes and UI improvements.
7.0.6 (1 Feb 2016)
Fix issues with MySQL 5.7 (error when restoring database, fix the default my.cnf that is installed). Fix error when publishing changes using the built-in H2 database. Fix an issue migrating from server 6 if there are no fields defined. Improve performance with a missing index. Improved support for Workgroup Server. Fix related to media paths in Premiere panel. Fix sorting of metadata fields in Technical tab of web interface. Other minor Web 2.1 and REST API fixes.
7.0.5 (15 Jan 2016)
Fix an intermittent "string index out of range" error when publishing changes. Fix missing default details panel in Web 2.1. Fix an issue export FCP XML from the web. Other minor fixes.
7.0.4 (27 Dec 2015)
Fix very slow queries when a large numbers of thumbnails exist in combination wit many subclips.
Web 2.1 enhancements - select all clips, improved UI for managing panels, views and forms.
Eliminate a number of potential XSS vulnerabilities. Add ability to define custom fields on Users.
Pegasus Server adds capabilities including fast full text indexing and access control lists.
7.0.4b (2 Dec 2015)
Improved performance of REST Clip queries and greater control over what related objects are returned.
Fix for migrating Server 6 systems with international characters in metadata schema.
Pull CREATE TEMP table statements out of transactions to enable MySQL RID replication.
Internal changes to prepare for next generation clients.
7.0.3 (18 Nov 2015)
Improved streaming performance. Support for MySQL 5.7. Fix for custom fields in upload form. HTML Summary Panels in Web 2.1.
Delete multiple clips in Web 2.1. Other minor fixes.
7.0.3b (20 Oct 2015)
Fix an issue with license server when using Pegasus clients.
7.0.2 (19 Oct 2015)
Fix an issue with schema update script. Add Adobe Anywhere 3 support. Improvements to simple search. Other minor web 2.1 fixes.
7.0.1 (2 Oct 2015)
First official release. Update schema to 4.09. Support use of web client with workgroup server license. Other minor Web 2.1 fixes (editing locked fields, star ratings, handling missing thumbnails, etc.)
7.0.1b12 (21 Sep 2015)
Server 7 release candidate. Add support for multiple concurrent worker command line sessions. Minor Web 2.1 fixes.
7.0.1b11 (1 Sep 2015)
Update schema to 4.08. Fix certain "is blank" queries. Various REST API and Web 2.1 fixes.
7.0.1b10 (18 Aug 2015)
Server 7 changes:
Support for full-text indexing (Pegasus Server only).
Extend filters to all relevant built-in and user field.
Downloading multiple files as a ZIP.
Add concept of 'origin' for Field Groups (e.g. extracted from file metadata, user defined, defined by a plug-in).
Handle too many connections by returning error code rather than throwing HTTP error (makes client handling easier).
Preliminary support for Job Queue and access to Job queue through REST API.
Preliminary support for per-clip AuditLog entries and access to AuditLog via REST API.
Support legacy 'name=value' metadata queries properly.
Other minor bug fixes.
Web 2.1 changes:
Implements previously unsupported field types in Web 2 (Rating/Type/Geotag, broken out format fields like Audio Channels and Frame Rate, Event Markers in addition to time-line view).
Single field on a tab takes over whole tab.
Play all clips in a basket one after another.
Improve UI for editing permissions.
Format numerical fields properly (Kb/Mb/bps etc.).
Hide blank metadata fields in default view.
Upload Files now separate window.
More friendly error handling for bad log in and licenses exceeded.
Bug fixes including picklist not populating on arrow click, incorrect custom checkbox label, Hide If Blank not working, auto-generated default Log Notes panel not populating.
7.0.1b9 (13 Jul 2015)
Web 2.1 changes: Updated query support to allow (A or B) and (C or D) type queries and use that to fix filter implementation. Expose linked field definitions in REST API to support linked fields. Implement hierarchy and linked hierarchy fields. Allow column width to be specified in custom views.
Other changes: Fixed issues with case insensitive uniqueness constraint causing constraint violations on metadata fields, date queries where non-valid dates exist in database, and SQL Server full-text indexing (and added support for MySQL full text indexing but currently not turned on). Update schema to 4.06.
7.0.1b8 (22 Jun 2015)
Web 2.1 including web workspaces, web based administration of fields, panels, users and groups, support for Upload Forms and Search Forms, clip lists and basket actions, link sharing, and much more. Bug fixes, including issue with duplicated views, database fixes, etc. Update schema to 4.05.
7.0.1b7 (20 Apr 2015)
Fix issues related to upgrading the schema when using the built-in H2 database. Change Web 2 to correctly handle editing a clip where the value of a field isn't currently in the pick list.
7.0.1b6 (3 Apr 2015)
Web 2 changes (views are properly configurable and grid view supports text to the right, clicking on a clip automatically opens it, use Select button to select multiple clip; ability to create clip lists or baskets and perform actions on them; ability to define web workspaces and configure 'Any simple field' instead of 'Any logging field' for quicker general searches). Automatically rotate the server log every day and fix the location of log files. Changes to server config are applied immediately without needing to restart the server. Update schema to 4.03. Fix an issue returning import source fields. Fix an issue where media metadata fields weren't always saved. Fix an issue sending metaclips from the Premiere Panel. Improve performance and fix out of memory error that could occur with certain queries.
7.0.1b5 (13 Mar 2015)
Incorporate Web 2 and Premiere panel fixes from 6.10.1. Fix issue with migration task. Fix issue when doing fresh install. Update schema to 4.02 and speed up house keeping.
7.0.1b4 (27 Feb 2015)
Update schema to 4.01 (change keys on clipField, sourceMediaField etc.). Fix issue with migration task and picklist values. Support backing up and restoring MySQL database if database name is something other than 'catdv'.
7.0.1b3 (25 Feb 2015)
Web 2 and REST API fixes including change clip so it uses separate catalog object and fix FCP XML export to work with new markers. Fix saving media metadata. Control panel class path fixes and to allow backing up database if MySQL is on a different machine. Other fixes.
7.0.1b2 (13 Feb 2015)
Second beta release, with fixes and improvements and updated server documentation.
7.0.1b1 (1 Feb 2015)
Initial private beta release of Server 7.
6.10.2 (19 June 2015)
Web 2 fixes (support files larger than 2GB, pick lists should handle existing values which aren't in drop down list). Database fixes (better reporting of conflicting edits, protect against MSSQL deadlocks, better handling of badly formatted dates). Fix related to P2 metaclips in Premiere panel. Allow LDAP user query to be customised.
6.10.1 (13 March 2015)
Fix settings issue with Web 2 which caused Smart Folders not to appear in navigation tree and user fields not to appear in the search builder field drop down. Allow Premiere panel to connect to workgroup server. Fix issue with aspect ratio of certain clips sent to Premiere.
6.10.0 (13 February 2015)
First public release of CatDV Web 2. Many web changes, including deployment to external Tomcat installation if required, improved support for older browsers (IE8), multiple clip selection, media/proxy path download links, and compatibility with Workgroup server. Other fixes related to user defined date fields, export of FCP XML files, LDAP Open Directory support, and performing the same query twice in succession sometimes returning old cached results.
6.9.6 (21 Nov 2014)
Fix an issue with missing driver in Windows control panel. Fix inadvertent dependency on Java 1.7, plus minor REST and web fixes.
6.9.5 (29 Oct 2014)
REST API fixes (to support Premiere plugin panel enhancements), make log file less verbose, update web interface for Java 1.8 compatibility
6.9.4 (10 Oct 2014)
Retry failed db operations. Web changes. Fix related to data migration task. Update version of mariadb driver. Fix empty recycle bin command in control panel.
6.9.3 (5 Sept 2014)
Upgrade embedded H2 database to 1.3.174. Performance improvements when adding new clips to a catalog and opening a clip list. Various REST query fixes. Data migration tool displays progress bar. Add support for bulk update of fields via web client. Allow cross-domain REST API calls. Improved permissions checking in web client. Better error reporting if server fails to start. Other minor fixes.
6.9.2 (2 June 2014)
REST API changes to allow updates of multiple clips. Fix error that is sometimes displayed when first installing CatDV database. Create a log file for the control panel. Web client defaults to HTML5 video if QuickTime plugin is unavailable.
6.9.1 (14 May 2014)
Fix "unknown attributeId" error when viewing certain smart folders. Fix certain web searches including Unicode characters. LDAP fix related to recursive group memberships. Allow http url for webclient.logo. Allow time expiring links.
6.9.0 (3 Apr 2014)
First public release. Fix issue with Unicode characters in file paths and in log file.
For registration queries please email email@example.com or visit our web site
http://www.squarebox.com. For technical queries please visit our support web site
When submitting problem reports please help us to help you by providing enough details to clearly describe the issue,
including a copy of the CatDV Error Log file (available from the Help menu) and a screenshot or copy of the catalog
or XML file you were working with, as appropriate.
Square Box Systems Ltd
Lake View House
Copyright © Square Box Systems Ltd. 2000-2020. All rights reserved.