CatDV Desktop Clients
We believe that different users have different needs, so provide a variety of CatDV clients with different user experiences. These include rich desktop clients, accessible web & mobile front-ends, iOS apps, and apps that operate inside partner products (e.g. Adobe Premiere).
CatDV is designed for stand-alone and networked operation. It is highly scalable , and can grow with your needs, to suit everyone from individuals through to studios and large production houses.
There are a number of versions and options to cater for customer’s differing requirements. All versions of CatDV have these core capabilities, and in addition:
- CatDV Standard: for single user, stand-alone logging and cataloging.
- CatDV Pro: with integration with editing systems, and more sophisticated import / export and search.
- CatDV Workgroup: enabling collaboration across smaller teams.
- CatDV Enterprise: for larger deployments with more sophisticated security and search needs.
- CatDV Pegasus: our premium client including Media Composer integration and RED playback.
- CatDV Browse Client: providing read-only access to networked deployments.
There are also a number of options that can be added to the Desktop Clients:
- MXF: Supporting metadata exchange from P2, XDCAM, RED, and AVID formats (note: appropriate codecs for playback are also required, native RED playback requires Pegasus).
- Archiving: Adding support for desktop archiving to a folder.
Comparing CatDV Desktop Versions
A complete list of features is described in the product matrix.
Adobe Premiere Plug in
Each copy of CatDV desktop includes a copy of the Adobe Premiere Panel, which is a brand new development that adds powerful CatDV search and preview functions to Premiere Pro CC 2014 and above.